Thursday, January 17, 2013

"The Color Red" By: Lily Green

          The book that I am reading are not worth responding, seeing as I just started it. But, I hope its alright if I write about a song I wrote. I called it "The Color Red" you see, where it got its name... Was from my mom. I couldn't think of anything to write about. And I asked my mom, she gave me a list that she had printed out earlier on things to write a song about. # 5 said, The Color Red. In capital red letters. I began writing the song with first writing my piano piece. I thought I would write a very simple piano piece because the song was going to be complicated in its own melody.
          I wrote the main song about how the color red can get you through something when you're down. It may not be true about me, but I have learned a lot. From my sister, and a lot of other people. I wrote about the color red because I found it was really bold once I looked at it closer. I also found that, in all its integrity. The color red can be a very soothing color. My favorite line in the song. Is "It's so cold in nowhere right now." Its about, when you're in a  place of sadness. And when you're lost, ,its "cold". Meaning your lonely, or inside, your cold. I wanted to write this song because i thought it was time I wrote about what can happen when someone is sad. What pulls them through that time?

3 comments:

  1. I like how you described how you got your inspiration and i hope you can hear it soon.:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You pieced your sentences together beautifully and really explained how the song related to you. Very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this! I love how you based this song off of a simple line, or "prompt" - The Color Red. I also really like how the song is about when your in a sad place, and I also love that line, "It's so cold in nowhere right now," because I feel it really relates to the topic. Great job and I'd love to hear the song.

    ReplyDelete